Australia PR Visa
Australia migrants are residents of Australia that hold migrant or permanent resident visas and may remain in Australia indefinitely. While migrants are not citizens, they do have the option to become citizens after meeting the residency requirement. Australian migrant visas are issued in increments of five years, subject to renewal. As long as your visa is valid, you may enter and leave Australia freely.
Benefits of permanent residency include:
- Right to work
- Right to apply for citizenship
- Right to public education
- Right to sponsor relatives to immigrate to Australia
- Right to travel freely between Australia and New Zealand without a visa.
If you have an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident family member, you may be eligible to immigrate to Australia. Migrant visas are available for:
- Dependent relatives
Australian permanent residency is available for business people. If you plan to establish or manage a new or existing business, you may be eligible for a migrant visa. You may also be eligible if you plan to invest in an Australian business.
There are numerous paths to Australian permanent residency through the worker category. The migrant worker categories are:
- Employer Sponsored Workers. When an Australian employer sponsors a foreign national work in Australia.
- Skill Select. For workers possessing certain skills that Australia is in need of.